Trail means a walkway of a forest or any kind of landscape. Nature lovers, visitors, and others use trails for hiking or outings. Hiking in the nature trails is very much important for awareness building and other conservation efforts. This is a very good part of watching and observing nature. There are three types of trails for hiking in Chunati Wildlife Sanctuary. These are:
- Short trail
- Medium Trail
- Long Trail
The trail starts from the road near Bon Pukur (Baitussalam Mosque). Then it goes to the west through the Garjan forest. After that, the hikers will return to the main road near Euro Asia Poultry Hatchery.
The trail starts from the Forest Rest House near Chunati Range Office. After that, the hikers are to pass through the forest towards the western side while touching the 1st and 2nd Watch Towers. Finally, the trail will be ended returning to the starting point after a loop near the main road.
Things to consider for hiking in Chunati Wildlife Sanctuary trails
- Clothes and shoes must be comfortable and field compatible.
- Take sunglasses and sunscreen with you.
- Leech repellent should be taken. Even it may be talcum powder.
- Silent observation is necessary to observe the wildlife.
- Keep sufficient food and water for trailing.
- It will be better to have a compass to know the directions correctly.
- You should have a camera and a binocular to catch memories and scenery.