This post is for those who want to visit Bangladesh. You need to know the entry requirements and visa processing system. All the foreigners need a VISA to visit Bangladesh for fulfilling any kind of purpose. A tourist visa is the best and easiest to get an entry permit.
Duration of visa
Duration of visa
You can get a visa for up to two months. The Australians can get it for six months. However, it depends on the office you are dealing with.
Checklist for visa preparation
1. A photocopy of your passport
2. A photocopy of the visa page
3. A photocopy of the page containing your entry stamp
4. A passport size photo
5. Visa fee
It varies from nationality to nationality. In fact, Bangladesh follows a reciprocal fee system. It means that whatever visa fee is charged to a Bangladeshi citizen when they apply is the same rate charged to a foreign visa applicant. Some common visa fees are given below:
1. £40/52/75 for single-/double-/multiple-entry visas for UK nationals
2. US $131 for US nationals (regardless of length or number of entries)
3. AUD $150 for single-/double/multiple-entry visas for Australian nationals (in the case of Australia, all visa types are the same price)
4. CAD $80/158 for single/multiple-entry visas for Canadian nationals
It will better if you check the visa fee schedule on the immigration website www.dip.gov.bd of Bangladesh.
This can be issued for a period of up to six months. The requirements of a business visa are:
1. A letter introducing your company
2. A letter from your proposed business partner mentioning the objective of your visit
If you have a visa that expires during your stay, start the process for a visa extension as soon as you are settled in Bangladesh. Work permits and security clearances are needed for most visa extensions. I should mention that if your visa expires, you will have to pay a fine. The rate of fine depends on your job and host organization. Visa extension is handled at the Office of the Department of Immigration and Passports. Here is the address:
E7, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar
Visa drop off: 10.00 AM – 13.00PM
Visa pick up: 14.00 PM – 16.00 PM
Related: Top Bangladesh travel agency
Landing Permit (on arrival)
The majority of the citizens from western countries like the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, or Europe could get landing permits on arrival if they arrive in Dhaka without a visa as of March 22, 2008. You have to carry printed proof of your onward travel arrangements. You can have this landing permit for the US $50 when you arrive at Shahjalal International Airport. Thus you will get 15 days’ stay permission in Bangladesh.
Overstay after on arrival landing permit
You can overstay for a few days or even a couple of weeks. But you have to pay BDT200 (about $3) as per day overstay fee. Normally, this on-arrival landing permit is issued for people mostly from western countries, especially when the visitors arrive from a country with no resident Bangladeshi mission.
1. You should apply for the maximum amount of time permitted and specify a date at least.
2. NGO visa requires a work permit from the NGO bureau.
3. You may need to collect a letter from your employer and the security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
4. Remember that most consular offices will request a letter of invitation along with the visa. This letter refers to the tour operator or the contact that you may be visiting.
1. Landing permits and transit visas are non-extendable.
2. Tourist visas can be extended for up to 30 days.
3. You need an exit visa to leave Bangladesh.
4. The airport immigration telephone number is +88028914226. You may get up-to-the-minute details if you speak Bangla or know a Bangla speaker.
Now, Bangladesh is becoming a new popular destination for tourism, trade, and services. To get permission to visit Bangladesh, you have to keep your original paperwork and make photocopies for processing. Take help from the respective authority with obtaining the necessary paperwork to get a long-term visa.