Visa on arrival to travel Bangladesh is being given to the foreign visitors. For your convenience to visit this country, I am mentioning here the circular of visa on arrival completely with all the key points. If you want to visit Bangladesh, then you should read this post thoroughly.1. In order to attract foreign investment and technologies, expansion of commerce and trade, and development of tourism, the government has decided to provide Visa on Arrival (VOA) to the foreign nationals including those of Bangladeshi origin. The Immigration authority at the International Airports and Land ports after examining necessary travel documents and being satisfied can issue visa on arrival for a period of maximum 30 days to the citizens of the countries mentioned below under the following conditions:
a. The nationals of those countries where there is no diplomatic mission of Bangladesh may be granted visa on arrival after examining the genuineness of their visit.
b. On the basis of invitation letters of the interested/required body being attested by the Board of Investment/BEPZA, the foreign investors/businessmen may be allowed to issue visa on arrival. In this case, the interested/inviting organization must inform in advance the arrival of the foreign visitor(s) to the immigration and passport authority.
c. Only for the purpose of official duty, business, investment and tourism citizens arriving from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and the countries of the Europe may issue visa on arrival after examining and being satisfied by the immigration authority at the International Airports and Land ports.
d. If any foreign national arrives Bangladesh from a country other than his/her own country, where there is no mission of Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival.
e. Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens, their spouses, and their offsprings may be issued visa on arrival, on the proof of their being Bangladeshi origin.
f. The staffs/officials of the foreign missions, UN or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival after examining their appointment letters or other related documents. Only UN passport holders will get such facilities gratis (free of charge).
Related: Entry requirements and visa processing information to visit Bangladesh
2. If the foreign visitors require an extension of their visa after arriving Bangladesh under visa on arrival (VOA), the Department of Immigration and Passports Authority may extend their visa in light of the existing Visa Policy.
3. Transit visa will be allowed to the passengers waiting for connecting flight for the period of maximum 72 hours or until the time of the next available flight on request of the concerned carrier.
For this, an amount of 20 USD or equivalent amount of foreign currency is to be deposited in the concerned bank account.
4. In respect of visa on arrival the following procedures to be followed:
a. Visa fees are to be paid in foreign currencies (US dollar/GB pound/Euro etc).
b. Visitors must possess minimum of 500 USD or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in cash or credit card.
c. Visitors must have a return ticket.
d. Must have necessary documents to justify his/her visit.
e. No visa fee will be applicable to the visitors from those countries which are exempted from visa fee.
f. On arrival, visa fee will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity only.
g. The concerned intelligent agency must collect complete information of visitors to take necessary action. The immigration authority at airports and land ports will send a monthly report on this issue to the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Department of Immigration and Passports.
5. Visa on arrival shall be issued only after being satisfied with the purpose of the visit. In the case of foreign military and defense forces, prior approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs must be taken.
6. Immigration officials at the airports and land ports must stamp the passports of the visitors.
7. All previous circulars in respect of visa on arrival will be treated as null and void after the commencement of this circular.
I hope that you have got a total idea about arrival visa to travel to Bangladesh. The system of visa on arrival, pre-conditions, post instructions are given in this article. Every foreign visitors who are willing to visit Bangladesh will be benefited very much.
Information Source: Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. (Circular of January 8, 2013)