This post is for them who want to visit Bangladesh. This is why you need to know the entry requirements and visa processing system. All the foreigners need VISA to visit Bangladesh for fulfilling any kind of purpose. Tourist visa is the best and easiest to get the entry permission.
Duration of visa
Duration of visa
You can get visa up to two months. The Australians can get for six months. However, it depends on the office you are dealing with.
Checklist for visa preparation
1. A photocopy of your passport
2. A photocopy of the visa page
3. A photocopy of the page containing your entry stamp
4. A passport size photo
5. Visa fee
It varies from nationality to nationality. In fact, Bangladesh follows reciprocal fee system. It means that whatever visa fee is charged to a Bangladeshi citizen when they apply is same rate charged to a foreign visa applicant. Some common visa fees are given below:
1. £40/52/75 for single-/double-/multiple-entry visas for UK nationals
2. US $131 for US nationals (regardless of length or number of entries)
3. AUD $150 for single-/double/multiple-entry visas for Australian nationals (in the case of Australia, all visa types are the same price)
4. CAD $80/158 for single/multiple-entry visas for Canadian nationals
It will better if you check visa fee schedule on the immigration website www.dip.gov.bd of Bangladesh.
This can be issued for the period up to six months. The requirements of business visa are:
1. A letter introducing your company
2. A letter from your proposed business partner mentioning the objective of your visit
If you have a visa that expires during your stay, start the process for visa extension as soon as you are settled in Bangladesh. Work permits and security clearances are needed for most visa extensions. I should mention that if your visa expires, you will have to pay fine. The rate of fine depends on your job and host organization. Visa extension is handled at the Office of Department of Immigration and Passports. Here is the address:
E7, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar
Visa drop off: 10.00AM – 13.00PM
Visa pick up: 14.00PM – 16.00PM
Related: Top Bangladesh travel agency
Landing Permit (on arrival)
The majority of the citizens from western countries like USA, Canada, UK, Australia or Europe could get landing permit on arrival if they arrive in Dhaka without visa as of March 22, 2008. You have to carry printed proof of your onward travel arrangements. You can have this landing permit with US $50 when you arrive at Shahjalal International Airport. Thus you will get 15 days stay permission in Bangladesh.
Overstay after on arrival landing permit
You can overstay for a few days or even a couple of weeks. But you have to pay BDT200 (about $3) as per day overstay fee. Normally, this on arrival landing permit is issued for the people most from the western countries, especially when the visitors arrive from a country with no resident Bangladeshi mission.
1. You should apply for the maximum amount of time permitted and specify a date at least.
2. NGO visa requires a work permit from the NGO bureau.
3. You may need to collect a letter from your employer and the security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
4. Remember that the most consular offices will request a letter of invitation along with the visa. This letter refers from the tour operator or the contact that you may be visiting.
1. Landing permits and transit visas are non-extendable.
2. Tourist visas can be extended for up to 30 days.
3. You need an exit visa to leave Bangladesh.
4. The airport immigration telephone number is +88028914226. You may get up-to-the-minute details if you speak Bangla or know a Bangla speaker.
Now, Bangladesh is becoming a new popular destination for tourism, trade and services. To get the permission to visit Bangladesh, you have to keep your original paperwork and make photocopies for processing. Take help from the respective authority with obtaining the necessary paperwork to get long-term visa.