If you are a true traveller, you must keep China travel destinations in your world tour list. It is such a big country that you cannot finish travelling even in a year. The tourist attractions are abundant with natural, cultural and modern beauties. Now, come to see the list of travel destinations:
1. The Great Wall
This is the number one tourist attraction in China. It has always been recognised as one of the seven wonders of this world. It crosses over ten provinces and cities. These are Beijing, Tianjin, Qinghai, Gansu, Ningxia, Inner Mongolia, Liaoning, Shanxi, Shaanxi and Hebei.
2. China Danxia
It is in fact one kind of land-form formed from red sandstone and characterised by steep cliffs. This unique type of landscape is beautiful and attractive. China Danxia is available in different cities and provinces such as Chishui (Guizhou), Taining (Fujian), Langshan (Jiangsu), Danxiashan (Guangdong), Longushan (Jiangxi), Jianglangshan (Zhejiang)
3. Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Qing Dynasties
There are some tombs and burial complexes which are very much famous as tourist attractions in China. These are the imperial tombs of the Qing and Ming dynasties indeed. You can visit Hubei, Hebei, Beijing, Jiangsu or Liaoning provinces to view these tombs.
4. Capital Cities and Tombs of the Ancient Koguryo Kingdom
If you want to see these tourist attractions, then you have to go to Jilin province and Liaoning province of China. This site is enriched with archaeological remains of three old cities, 26 noble families and 14 tombs. The cities are Wandu Mountain City, Guonei City and Wunu Mountain City.
5. South China Karst
It is famous for distinctive and beautiful landscape with rich biodiversity. It is enriched with gorges, cave systems and natural bridges. To enjoy South China Karst, you have to visit Yunnan, Chongqing, Guizhou or Guangxi province.
6. Tusi Sites
To govern ethnic minority regions of China, the ancient imperial government appointed Tusi officials. Laosicheng in Hunan province, Hailongtun fortress in Guizhou province and Tangya in Hubei province are included in Tusi sites.
Above mentioned tourist attractions are located in several places. You can visit any place to enjoy the tourist spot. Now, I am going to present the bucket list of China travel destinations according to the provinces, municipalities or autonomous regions.
7. Mount Emei
8. Mount Qingcheng
9. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area
10. Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries
11. Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area
12. The Forbidden City
13. Peking Man Site at ZhouKoudian
14. Summer Palace, an Imperial Garden in Beijing
15. Temple of Heaven
16. Old Town of Lijiang
17.Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hane Rice Terraces
18. Chengjiang Fossil Site
19. Three Parallel Rivers of Yunnan Protected Areas
20. Ancient City of Ping Yao
21. Mount Wutai
22. Yungang Grottoes
23. Yin Xu
24. Longmen Grottoes
25. Historic Monuments of Dengfeng in “The Centre of Heaven and Earth”
26. Ancient Building Complex in the Wudan Mountains
27. Hubei Shennongjia
28. Mount Wuyi
29. Fujian Tulou
30. Mount Tai
31. Temple and Cemetery of Confucius and the Kong Family Mansion in Qufu
32. Mount Huangshan
33. Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui
34. Mount Sanqing
35. Lushan National Park
36. The Grand Canal
37. West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou
>>>Now, I am mentioning the regions which have at least 1 attraction from 50 bucket list China travel destinations.
38. Kaiping Diaolou and Villages
39. Historic Ensemble of the Potala Palace of Lhasa
40. Mountain Resort and its Outlying Temples, Chengde
41. Zuojiang Huashan Rock Art Cultural Landscape
42. Shenyang Imperial Palace
43. Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor
44. Mogao Caves
45. Wulinggyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area
46. Classical Gardens of Suzhou
47. Site of Xanadu
48. Xianjiang Tianshan
49. Historic Centre of Macao
50. Dazu Rock Carvings
I hope that you have liked above 50 bucket list China travel destinations. To make this list, I have considered especially the world heritage sites located in China. Keep this list in your mind whenever you visit this country.